16 agosto 2006

Milan fans, are you kidding me?

OK, I am not a longtime tifoso di Milano, ma non lo capisco.... Sheva plays on a different team now. He is part of that team and no longer Milan. And they are "offended" and demand an apology? I think that is absurd, and THIS Milan fan wishes Shevchenko the best with his new team.


Shevchenko sorry he offended Milan fans
By Timothy Collings

LONDON, Aug 14 (Reuters) - Chelsea striker Andrei Shevchenko said on Monday he had no intention of upsetting AC Milan fans when he kissed his new club's badge after scoring against Liverpool in Sunday's Community Shield fixture.

The Ukrainian told reporters at a news conference that he had no idea of what he was doing when he celebrated after equalising in the match Chelsea lost 2-1. Milan fans were reported to have been offended by his gesture.

"Really, I am telling you the truth that the only shirt I kiss is the one of my country," he said. "That is the one that matters for me.

"I don't know what I am doing when I celebrate a goal. It was not my intention to upset anyone at all.

"In Milan, it was like my family. I won over the supporters with the quality of my game, my football, and I was there for seven years.

"I won them over not with my celebrations or with any gestures at all, but with hard work and my ability on the pitch and I want to do the same thing at Chelsea," he said at a Reebok sponsorship event.

Shevchenko, who will be 30 next month, joined Chelsea from Milan in a 30 million pound ($56.65 million) transfer before the World Cup in Germany where he was captain of Ukraine in their first appearance in the finals.

He said he was delighted to score in Sunday's match.

"I am relieved to have scored my first (Chelsea) goal, but I am sorry it was not enough for Chelsea to win," he said.

He said he was impressed with the crowd. "The fans here showed great respect for the players and the atmosphere was really great."


Link

Nessun commento: