26 aprile 2006

World War III

My prediction: By the end of 2008, there will be a global war pitting the United States, Britain, Italy, Australia, Israel, Germany (yes, Germany), Iraq (yes, Iraq, the new one) and Japan against Iran, Russia, China, Palestine, and numerous independent Islamic terrorist groups.

I hope this never happens, but I think it is inevitable.

That kook of a leader in Iran announced today that if he is attacked by the U.S., he will strike back two-fold. And I would not put it past that man to stub his own toe and blame it on George W. Bush, who nowadays is the popular scapegoat for every conceivable problem in the world.

Iran leader issues warning to US

Ayatollah Khamenei says Iran will not heed US threats US interests around the world will be harmed if America launches an attack against Iran, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said. "The Iranian nation will respond to any blow with double the intensity," he added, in comments reported on TV.

Iran has been reported to the UN Security Council, amid Western fears Iran is seeking atomic weapons. The UN is seeking a diplomatic solution but the US has not ruled out military strikes against Iranian nuclear sites.

Addressing workers in Tehran on International Labourers' Day, Ayatollah Khamenei said Iran would not heed US "threats and intimidation".

"The Iranian nation and its officials are peace-seekers and the Islamic republic would not invade anybody," he added.

Calls for tough action
The Security Council demanded on 29 March that Iran comply with the demands of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for a "full and sustained suspension" of its uranium enrichment work.

The head of the IAEA, Mohammed ElBaradei, is expected to report back to the council at noon on 28 April.

The US is trying to rally support from the Security Council for tougher action against Iran, including sanctions - a move currently being resisted by Russia and China.

Iran insists its nuclear programme is for civilian energy purposes only.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Wednesday that Iran's "enemies" would not be able to use the Security Council and the IAEA to punish Iran.

"The illegitimate and right-nullifying decision could not get legitimacy under cover of council and the agency," he said, according to a state TV broadcast.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4946102.stm

We should cut ties with China now. They are perhaps the worst human rights violators in the entire world, and the more money we give them, the more money they have to use against us.

Russia is desperate for an economy and Iran is feeding them oil. And war produces economic opportunities.

Of course the American far left will justify the actions of our enemies, this is predictable. Rallies at Columbia and Harvard against "American Imperialism." I am convinced that if modern liberals were around in 1941, there is no way we would have won WWII. They would have defended the attack on Pearl Harbor, much like some liberals (like Noam Chomsky, my favorite linguist but least favorite political pundit) defended Al-Qaeda after 9/11. It is a sick anti-authoritarian pathology. A rebellion against anyone who says "X is right, Y is wrong." So they demonize America. Imagine the liberal media going wild over losses in Operation Market Garden, or the Battle of the Bulge! And imagine Normandy not being covered.

I think my grandfather, God rest his soul, was pretty lucky to have lived in the time he did. The peak of his youth was the peak of the United States of America. More and more I am convinced that in the late 60s, the country began picking up speed in its gradual descent.

And, today is my 25th birthday! I should be happier on my quarter-century anniversary, no??

Well, here are some things to be happy about - I will be in Sevilla in less than 3 weeks. In exactly a month, I'll be somewhere in Barcelona. Maybe I will meet my future bride over there?

I am realizing how negative my blog is. All I do is complain! Tone does not affect validity of a point, but it can certainly affect moods! I have to try to make my blog happier. In other words, I won't only post here immediately after I read some news article that pisses me off! (as has been my habit...)

I often criticize the media for never showing good things. All night on the news we hear of another Marine dead in Iraq, a woman raped in the suburbs, 2 kids gunned down in the city, robbery, arson... nothing good. Well, I am a hypocrite! My blog is just as bad! I hardly ever have good news here. So, it's going to change, beginning NOW! :) <--- SEE, A SMILEY FACE = GOOD.

Nessun commento: