Do you know the reality of Planned Parenthood’s record? You may be surprised at these statistics and facts about the nation’s number one abortion provider:
1. Planned Parenthood was founded in 1916 by Margaret Sanger, a birth control advocate and proponent of eugenics. In her 1932 article, “A Plan for Peace,” Sanger argued, “a stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is already tainted or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring.”
2. Planned Parenthood is the number one abortion provider in America, performing over 290,000 abortions each year (In 2005, latest year statistics are available, according to The Wall Street Journal).
3. Planned Parenthood abortions are up. According to a recent investigation by The Wall Street Journal, “even as the total number of abortions in the U.S. has dropped, the number performed by Planned Parenthood has grown steadily.” Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards told the paper “that she has encouraged more Planned Parenthood clinics to offer abortions,” in order to make up for independent abortion providers who are closing their doors at a fast clip.
4. Planned Parenthood is a very profitable “non-profit.” According to its latest annual report, Planned Parenthood had a $114.8 million “excess revenue over expenses” for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
5. Planned Parenthood is literally a billion dollar enterprise. The latest Annual Report also showed total revenues at $1,017,900,000 – over one billion dollars.
6. Planned Parenthood relies on your tax dollars. The latest Annual Report records revenues of $336.7 million came from “government grants and contracts” – one third of its total revenues, and nearly three times the amount of that same year’s “excess revenues.” Yet, Planned Parenthood continues to lobby Congress for increased funding and special discount drug purchases for its clinics.
7. Planned Parenthood’s “One Million Strong Campaign” it its most aggressive advocacy campaign ever. The organization plans to spend at least $10 million “to recruit patients, as well as their friends and families, to lobby legislators and vote for candidates who support Planned Parenthood’s agenda,” according to the Los Angeles Times. This is three times the amount they have spent on past elections.
Source: Susan B. Anthony List
Planned Parenthood has $1 Billion in revenue. They are exempt from taxes. I'm convinced that future generations who have woken up from this current intellectual stupor will equate this bloodbath industry to some other of society's worst crimes against humanity.
Watch this: VIDEO
Senator Michelle Bachmann speaks out in favor of defunding Planned Homicide.